Doctor Who - The Impossible Astronaut
Characters: 11th Doctor, 10th Doctor, 9th Doctor, Amy, & Martha
Series: Doctor Who
OUaT- Fantasy on Flickr.
Yeeeeeaah! Me and my people! (I’m the Siren.)
More progress on my Old Amy costume! Got the belt/holster/thingy for her katana finished. It was really easy to do and I feel clever in how I constructed it. Now if only the rest of the costume could go this way. >_>
(disclaimer: contains me. Sorry for the less-than-svelt waistline)
Got the top two pieces of my Girl Who Waited armor attached. It sewed on a bit different from how I positioned it to make all the template pieces so I hope this doesn’t screw up how the two bottom pieces fit. Urgh.
Callista Ming costume progress!
1. Wig turned out much, much darker brown than I thought/hoped it would be. But for $32 including shipping I feel like I can’t complain much. It’s actually a pretty damn quality wig.
2. I am in love with the fabric we got for the vest. We still have to add some shoulder mini-wings, and there’s some decorative stuff for the front that we haven’t figured out how to achieve yet. But the most important part—actually getting the vest made—has been accomplished.
3. My mother wants to tweak the ‘tail’ on the back of the skirt a little.
4. We were making progress on the belt, but then we both forgot how we were going to fake the tied part, so I think we’re back to square one there.
5. The boots are too small. But my sister picked them up for eight bucks at a thrift store and we haven’t found any cheap(er) replacements yet. And we want them to be cheap, considering we’re going to be gluing stuff on them.
6. The arm gauntlets are in the process of being made.
7. I have some additional things I want to do to the DIY lightsaber hilt to make it look nicer. And I need to get a belt clip for it.
8. Jesus Christ on a cracker, my knees are ugly. I’m going to get tights.
9. Bonus picture without the red tank top = more accurate = much more terrifying for my extreme self-consciousness about my chest.
I’m sorry the boots are too small! I didn’t know that. :(
Raphael Sbarge is going to be at Dragon*Con LET ME DIE.
Everything I love about Dragon*Con.
I think this might be my favorite photo from D*C. Every single amy in this picture looks GORGEOUS <3
Screaming right now, we all look so fabulous!
The Pond Paradox.
Reblogging for my friend in the background! She’s standing next to Pirate!Amy with her arm up. She had a great Amy costume! And she also did a fantastic John Watson (knitting his cable-knit sweater up before the con) as well as Martin Crieff (complete with lemon on cap!) from Cabin Pressure.
I’m the Rebel Flesh Amy sitting down in front. :)
And I love Ashley! She makes a wonderful Amy and an awesome John Watson, and her Cabin Pressure costume cracked me up even though she had to explain the entire thing to me. :D