Doctor Who- Journey’s End
cosplayed by booksavvy
Photo by The Enthusiasts
WHAT A FANTASTIC DONNA.
I think I love her smile the best though!
So, per a friend’s request, here is screen accurate red plaid and (not accurate) grey boots for TIA and TRF/TAP. And one goofy-ass pose.
Callista Ming costume progress!
1. Wig turned out much, much darker brown than I thought/hoped it would be. But for $32 including shipping I feel like I can’t complain much. It’s actually a pretty damn quality wig.
2. I am in love with the fabric we got for the vest. We still have to add some shoulder mini-wings, and there’s some decorative stuff for the front that we haven’t figured out how to achieve yet. But the most important part—actually getting the vest made—has been accomplished.
3. My mother wants to tweak the ‘tail’ on the back of the skirt a little.
4. We were making progress on the belt, but then we both forgot how we were going to fake the tied part, so I think we’re back to square one there.
5. The boots are too small. But my sister picked them up for eight bucks at a thrift store and we haven’t found any cheap(er) replacements yet. And we want them to be cheap, considering we’re going to be gluing stuff on them.
6. The arm gauntlets are in the process of being made.
7. I have some additional things I want to do to the DIY lightsaber hilt to make it look nicer. And I need to get a belt clip for it.
8. Jesus Christ on a cracker, my knees are ugly. I’m going to get tights.
9. Bonus picture without the red tank top = more accurate = much more terrifying for my extreme self-consciousness about my chest.
I’m sorry the boots are too small! I didn’t know that. :(
Are you a dedicated cosplayer/costumer? Do you class yourself as good, or heaven forbid, one of the best? Good for you.
I have a challenge for you. At the next event you do in costume, find somebody you barely know, somebody wearing a less well made costume of a character you like OR somebody who is very clearly new. Go up to them and give them a compliment.
If you really cannot bring yourself to compliment a costume below your own standards, then at least tell them that you are happy to see them costume as that character.
Go ahead. Brighten a newbie’s day."
Quick little cosplay bitchrant because I’m hopped up on Loritab right now.
Okay. Say I’ve got such and such screen accurate item. Like, say for instance, Amy Pond’s Vincent and the Doctor jacket. (Which I do.) Everyone knows I have it, I wear it a lot, I actually use it as my winter coat, etc etc. It is plainly obvious I have no intentions of selling it.
So why in the FUCK are you going to send me a private message and ask me if I will sell it to you?? What possesses you to even think I want to sell it?
Unless I put up a post saying I’m selling stuff, don’t ask me if I will sell my stuff to you. There’s a reason why I bought it. TO KEEP FOR MYSELF, BRO.
(this hasn’t actually happened to me, but has to people I know, and I just. I DON’T UNDERSTAND PEOPLE)
Vincent and the Doctor
Testing the Android 2 on Flickr.
Casual Friday? Perfect excuse to cosplay at work.
Some of my favorite costuming memories. It doesn’t matter what else is out there, who else does what, or where we go - no matter what, we’re together. And I love you. All of you. My Doctor, my Rory, my sexy spaceship, and my other half - and all of the rest of you I haven’t said by name - I love you all so much.
All of time and space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
I don’t care where we end up - as long as we go there together.