Callista Ming costume progress!
1. Wig turned out much, much darker brown than I thought/hoped it would be. But for $32 including shipping I feel like I can’t complain much. It’s actually a pretty damn quality wig.
2. I am in love with the fabric we got for the vest. We still have to add some shoulder mini-wings, and there’s some decorative stuff for the front that we haven’t figured out how to achieve yet. But the most important part—actually getting the vest made—has been accomplished.
3. My mother wants to tweak the ‘tail’ on the back of the skirt a little.
4. We were making progress on the belt, but then we both forgot how we were going to fake the tied part, so I think we’re back to square one there.
5. The boots are too small. But my sister picked them up for eight bucks at a thrift store and we haven’t found any cheap(er) replacements yet. And we want them to be cheap, considering we’re going to be gluing stuff on them.
6. The arm gauntlets are in the process of being made.
7. I have some additional things I want to do to the DIY lightsaber hilt to make it look nicer. And I need to get a belt clip for it.
8. Jesus Christ on a cracker, my knees are ugly. I’m going to get tights.
9. Bonus picture without the red tank top = more accurate = much more terrifying for my extreme self-consciousness about my chest.
I’m sorry the boots are too small! I didn’t know that. :(
Still sort of shaking and crying in amazement over this.
(In-progress Idris costume.)
GURL YOU ON DOCTOR WHO’S TUMBLR!
AWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAH THAT’S MY SISTER, BITCHES